Wednesday, September 13, 2006

New Humpback Whale!

Hello, it's Danielle with Quoddy Link Marine. We had a surprise today, a NEW humpback whale! We had a gorgeous day today, with only one scheduled whale watch we headed straight out at 2:00 in search of humpbacks. In about the same area where we had Parachute yesterday, there he was again today. After spending some time with one of our favorite humpbacks we saw a blows about 1 mile away. When we saw the humpback I immediately didn't recognize the dorsal fin and when "he" raised his flukes I new for sure we had a new humpback (see the dorsal fin and fluke images below) . I have forwarded the pictures to the Center for Coastal Studies in Provincetown, MA and I will keep you posted when I get a name. Thanks for checking in and stay in touch for more updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment