Monday, July 09, 2007

I LOVE MY JOB!!

Hello everyone, it's Danielle with Quoddy Link Marine. I don't even know where to begin about today. I have spent the last hour going through my photographs and emailing Center for Coastal Studies in Provincetown, MA and it has been confirmed we had 13 new humpbacks today!! That's more humpbacks than I have seen in any other year.....in the whole season and we had 13 new humpbacks today, as well as Rhino, a mature female that we saw for the first time yesterday, so that makes 14 humpbacks in total.....so let me introduce....
Pierce












Mallard










Thistle












Galapagos














Scream












Waterspout








Hawksbill











Shockwave











Ibex (Mr. Burns)....a favorite from the Nova Scotia side of the Bay of Fundy.









Grand Manan










Puppet









Littlespot












Blanco












Our 10:00 am trip was extra special with a close encounter from one of our new whales. Scream came very close to the boat, circled us many times and even did a few spyhops (when a whale raises his or her head out of the water). The photos below are from our close encounter with Scream.











The last part of my day I would like to share is on our evening trip we had the pleasure of seeing 4 humpbacks travelling together. Below is a dive sequence with Rhino (left) and Blanco.
OK, time for me to get some sleep before another day on the water. Thanks for sharing our amazing day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment